Monday, May 22, 2006

 

'India not a third world country'
 

I am planning on going to India this summer for my company, and incidentally to research my novel in progress. Since the trip is work-related, I mentioned in the last "weekly accomplishments" email sent to managers at work that I was going this week to get my shots.

This brought a visit by the VP, who happens to be from Banaglore, asking what my email meant. "What do you mean shots?"

"You know... injections. For travel."

"Do you think you need shots for India? You're not going to a third world country! In fact I asked my wife, who is a physician, 'Is there something going on I don't know about, some need to get shots?' and she said no. So in fact... Unless your doctor has said you need to..."

"Well, no... I just thought..."

"We'll talk later. When are you going? Late July, August, right?"

"The last time we talked about it, we said early July..."

"Well, I'm going in June. We'll talk later. But perhaps late July or August... And no shots."

,

 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?