Saturday, December 15, 2007

 

Alert 'former commando' might have saved 5 lives!!!1!
 

I will reprint this charming tale as is, from this forum page on Assam.net. The only change I have made to the text was to insert a few spaces.
Friends,

I did averted a major tragedy today at Bangalore, at 1300 hrs on 15 Dec 2007. This saved 5 lives from the probable hands of some gang to rob in motive of finally being killed at unknown destination.

At 1230 hrs today, I was driving my scooter at Old Madras Road,Bangalore. I noticed few passengers having argument with a Toyota Qualis driver and the driver is talking over his mobile phone. While I did approached the passengers supposed to be well to do with big bags,one young man came and asked me the distance from that place to the Bangalore Airport. There was 2 ladies, two young man and an old man. Later 2 were doctors- as told. On his question I had doubt. I could hear the driver saying "pay for 40 km. ". (The actual distance is 5 km) Then I did asked the passengers who were looking like coming from some other place by air and being Hindi speaking people. I did introduced about me and then they told me as doctors from Delhi and just hired this Toyota Qualis bearing Regn No. KA05-C 5924.

They came to Bangalore for sight seeing and hired this vehicle for 3 days. One of their friend did arranged this. So they boarded in this from airport at 1030 hrs and till 1230 hrs they were driving around airport and Indiranagar area through narrow lanes. They was to go to Majestic area to a Jain Temple for lunch and prayer. All was hungry. Airport to Majestic area is 14 km. Already the driver drove them 40 km. With doubt not reaching destination for 2 hours, they was arguing with the driver. At the God's grace, same time I was there and got the details. Since all the people are Hindi speaking, being from the north India, the driver had diferent motive. He was reluctant to listen me and was demanding more advance money. His bad luck struck. he never knew a real Comando standing in front of him and I am well versed with police!

Meanwhile few days ago, a lone women from Delhi landed at Bangalore airport and subsequently drove to diferent places and was being raped by lot many for 3-4 days.
My alert mind, being an Citizen and former military Commando, I smell some foul. These family wanted to go in and around famous Shravanabelgola, which is 145 km from Bangalore. And insted of driving via main Airport Rd,driving via Old Madras road made me to be more conscious. I immediately felt that these people might be taken for ransom and finally be killed away from city. Since the driver was also too busy to mobile talks with someone. he was least bothered to answer me in local language. Immediately I rushed up to the very close Indiranagar Police station and met the duty Sub Inspector. He is a dynamic young officer and responded me immediately. He too did agreed at my narrations and questioned the driver. The driver failed to reply lot. He told that his driving licence is in the vehicle (Wanted to run away), then the police SI nabbed his mobile and sent one constable to the vehicle. The document were not there and no DL that the driver had to show his identity or authority to drive. Immediately he was charged by the officer and we was asked to leave by arrranging some auto to them for resting and lunch at Kamath Yatrinivas, near Majestic.

The cab driver menace is alarming and growing day by day. They generally now a days target airport passengers who are outsiders. They take for a god ride in the name of avoiding bad traffic and convince the passengers and drive elsewhere while the passenger fatigued with hunger and strain. then they will mix up tranquilizers with fod or drinks and either rob or kill. Simple motive.

It was lucky that I had an appointment with a person at the same place. I did missed the apppointment as time was over with the incident. But I am happy being a Bangalorean and former Air force commando to utilize my third mind to save the life of 5 innocent civilians who had come all the way from Delhi to visit lovely Bangalore. They , otherwise would have lost all in someones land including lives!!

I feel little alet mind by all will help to prevent such happenings.
I would love to make such example public through your media, so that people wil come up and help Police.

Dr. Bikash Kumar Das
Bangalore
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?